The Movie/Series thread

stage
Re: The Movie/Series thread

Post by stage » 10 Sep 2013 19:22

about recent series, me really likes the Bridge (the american version)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2406376/
They managed to make some really great characters, and not only the two main ones. If you looking for some serious action/drama is nice.

Neitt

Post by Neitt » 11 Sep 2013 00:47

Thanx for shering this, looks tempting.
For other guys who like Tv shows, this one is my favorite:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1699748/
Thought Breaking Bad was the best, but from 3rd season think it's better than BB

Gurnax
Veteran
Main Name:Lenyn
Main Class:Dark Templar

Post by Gurnax » 11 Sep 2013 20:29

A scene from Tumbleweeds (1928) about taking battlekeeps in Bori:

It's the American way, so no coincidence it came now in this server merge.
And of course, there'd always been those who'd cheat in the race and make their marks on the land even before the race began. ;)
“Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.”
Groucho Marx

Sverd

Post by Sverd » 11 Sep 2013 20:36

Original version of The Bridge is the most exciting criminal series i've ever seen

Shahir

Post by Shahir » 12 Sep 2013 02:58

Sverd wrote:Original version of The Bridge is the most exciting criminal series i've ever seen
The Wire, The Shield ? :?

Alxir

Post by Alxir » 12 Sep 2013 07:48

Shahir wrote:
Sverd wrote:Original version of The Bridge is the most exciting criminal series i've ever seen
The CSI, the ColdCase, the CriminalMinds, the BreakingBad, the SonsofAnarchy, the SailorMoon?

Gurnax
Veteran

Post by Gurnax » 12 Sep 2013 11:42

Criminal Minds is uber, Alx, teaches you how the enemy thinks so you don't get caught, is a very useful series, yes? Has cases based on real documented serial killer/terrorist/etc. cases, and they are in this series re-created with great care, so psychological profiles delivered and dramatized are something previously unseen. So is thanx for the recommendation Alx!

Btw, anyone watching Under the Dome? it's based on Stephen King and produced by Stephen Spielberg (and his name guarantees production values on a large scale if nothing else). What's really great about it is that both the characters and the situations this series portrays do change. They evolve but also make radical turns, and alltogether are building up to some concrete points, which is rare in TV-series because usually TV-series avoid both changing AND making points in order to "not fix what's working" i.e. once established scheme is repeated over and over till viewers get bored of it. But this one has courage to change things in the middle of the first season.

Regarding plot, it's bout a small town finding itself under the dome all of a sudden, and then isolation produces all kinds of relations and consequences.

Groucho Marx

Sverd

Post by Sverd » 12 Sep 2013 15:03

Alxir wrote:
Shahir wrote:
The CSI, the ColdCase, the CriminalMinds, the BreakingBad, the SonsofAnarchy, the SailorMoon?
The Bridge is more exciiite

stage

Post by stage » 12 Sep 2013 18:59

Sverd wrote: The Bridge is more exciiite
Agree. The American version is not bad as well though.

Gurnax
Veteran

Post by Gurnax » 31 Oct 2013 15:45

Pulgasari (1985), produced by Kim Jong-il, and directed by Shin Sang-ok (who had been kidnapped in 1978 by North Korean intelligence on the orders of Kim Jong-il).

Groucho Marx